Accessing Your Account
- Go to https://spark.adobe.com/ex/edu/
- Click on the Log In button (it’s on the top right next to the blue button)
- Make sure to select the Log in with school account option
- Make sure to select ‘Company or School Account’
- Sign in with your CPS username and password
Selecting a Template
- This is what your homescreen should look like
- Click on Collage and then click Skip
- Your next screen will ask you to select a size. For this tutorial, please select Square
- Scroll through the templates that they have for collages until you find one that you like. Make sure it is a template that you can add at least four photos too (feel free to add many more!)
Renaming the File
- Next, we are going to rename the file. Make sure to include your name in the title
- Click on the pencil icon next to the words My Post (this is located on the top bar).
Changing the Text, Font, Size, and Rotation
- To change the text, double click on the word
- Type the new word(s) that you want to use
- Press the blue ‘Done’ button
- To change the font family, click on the dropdown menu and find a font that you like (make sure to have the text box selected that you want to change)
- You can also change the size, rotation, spacing, and more!
Adjusting the Colors
- If you want to alter the colors on the theme, locate the Color palette icon on the righthand side
- Select a color that you want to use (I strongly recommend using the suggested colors that are preloaded with the template theme)
Changing the Shape Behind the Text
- Click the Shape icon on the righthand side
- You can use this option to add a shape and padding behind the text
- If you want to add a text effect, click in the Effect icon on the righthand side
- Scroll through the options and select the one that works best for your collage (this is an optional step).
- For this demo, I am going to make the text large and on top of the photos so you can see the impact of each effect
Beware of the style option! It is a wonderful tool if you are feeling stuck and need a starting point. It is not so wonderful if you’ve spent a lot of time and on your project and didn’t want to change everything. Keep in mind, you can always undo things by pressing the undo icon on the top bar.
Adjusting the Photo
- Click on a photo
- Click on Replace
- You can upload a photo or connect it to your Google Drive/Google Photos
- You can adjust the scale, rotation, flip it, and/or move the photo more freely throughout the page
- There’s an option to add a filter or enhance the photo
Saving Your File
- Click on the Download button on the top right and select png, jpg, pdf. Then press the blue Start Download option
- Upload this file to the Google Classroom assignment
You must be logged in to post a comment.