- Use the Ellen photo for this exercise
- Go to Window and make sure the following items are checked off: Adjustments, History, and Layers
- The first adjustment layer that you can experiment with is Brightness/Contrast
- You should note that when an adjustment layer is added, it will look like a layer mask
- If there are portions that you do not want darker/lighter, just use the brush as you would in the previous lesson. In this example, I wanted Ellen to have creepy eyes and crazy white teech.
- I also wanted to give her a bit of a tan so I adjusted the vibrance/saturation adjustment layer
- I didn’t want her hair to be super saturated so I used the mask to take away a lot of the yellow
If you want to use a clipping mask, hold the option key down while hovering the mouse between the layers